VMware vCenter Operations Management Standard
The VMware vCenter Operations Management Standard Edition (25 VM Pack) automates operations management using patented analytics to provide the intelligence and visibility to proactively ensure service levels and deliver an intelligent virtual infrastructure.
The vCenter Operations Suite Standard Edition is purpose-built for VMware administrators who want to maximize the performance, workload and health of their vSphere environment. The version of vCenter Operations Manager included in this edition provides:
- Operations management dashboard providing key insights into vSphere performance, health and efficiency
- Self-learning performance analytics with proactive smart alerts
- Heat maps to easily locate trouble areas
VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager
Site Recovery Manager Standard Edition is designed for smaller environments and is limited to 75 protected virtual machines per site and per instance of Site Recovery Manager.
VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager Details
VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager includes:
- vSphere Replication
- Support for storage-based replication
- Non-disruptive testing
- Automated DR failover
- Automated migration
VMware vCenter Log Insight
VMware® vCenter™ Log Insight™ delivers automated log management through aggregation, analytics and search, providing operational intelligence and enterprise-wide visibility in dynamic hybrid cloud environments.
VMware vCenter Log Insight Details
- Powerful Log Analytics
- Ease of Use
- Built-in vSphere Knowedge
- Integration with vCenter Operations Platform
- Simple and Predictable Pricing Model
VMware vCenter Log Insight is licensed on a per operating system instance (OSI) basis, which is defined as any server, virtual or physical, with an IP address that generates logs, including network devices and storage arrays.
With Log Insight, you can analyze an unlimited amount of log data per OSI. The advantage of this is a simple and predictable pricing model that is based on the size of the infrastructure; it does not force you to buy additional licenses to cover the worst-case scenario and pay more for increased log volumes.
VMware vCenter Server Standard
VMware vCenter Server Standard provides large scale management of VMware vSphere deployments for rapid provisioning, monitoring, orchestration, and control of virtual machines.
VMware vCenter Server Standard Details
Purchased separately on a per instance basis, it is essential for managing multiple VMware vSphere server hosts and enabling many features including:
- Analyze and remediate issues quickly with visibility into vSphere virtual infrastructure.
- Deliver the security and availability of vSphere through automated proactive management features such as automated load balancing and out-of-the-box automation workflows.
VMware vCenter Server Standard edition includes the following capabilities:
- Management service
- Database server
- Inventory service
- VMware vSphere Clients
- VMware vCenter APIs and .NET
- vCenter Single Sign-On
- vCenter Orchestrator – Streamlines and automates key IT processes
- vCenter Server Linked Mode – Enables a common inventory view across multiple instances of vCenter Server