VMware Workstation 11
Leading Edge PC Virtualization.
VMware Workstation 11* takes advantage of the latest hardware and software to replicate server, desktop and tablet environments in a virtual machine. Workstation helps Instructors, students, and technical professionals automate and streamline virtualization tasks to work smarter, save time, and learn more in an education environment:
- ·Run the latest operating systems, including Windows 10 Technical Preview and new Linux distributions like Ubuntu 14.10, OpenSUSE 13.2, CentOS 7, and many more without rebooting.
- · Rapidly create restricted virtual machines for students, with all the lessons, applications, and tools required for the course within a secure, isolated sandbox.
- · Easily roll back to a trusted state when students overwrite needed files. Revert automatically to a "clean" state, making the virtual machine immediately available for the next set of students.
* Workstation 11 requires a 64-bit processor and 64-bit host operating system
VMware Player 7 Pro
Streamlined Virtualization for Education.
VMware Player 7 Pro* provides a streamlined user interface for creating, running, and evaluating operating systems and applications in a virtual machine on Windows or Linux PCs. With its intuitive interface and easy setup, VMware Player Pro is the easiest way to deliver a virtual desktop to your students:
Support hundreds of Windows and Linux guest operating systems – old and new - so you can continue to run the education applications you need in a virtual machine for as long as you want.
- ·Run restricted virtual machines created by VMware Workstation 11 or Fusion 7 Pro. Restricted virtual machines secure desktops with encryption, runtime password protection, USB access restriction, isolation between the host and guest OS, and time limitations.
- ·Optimized to run on today’s modern computers including the latest PC laptops, tablets, and workstations. You’ll get support for HD audio, tablet sensors, high-DPI display, Bluetooth and SATA drives, making it easy to take advantage of the latest hardware in a virtual machine.
* Player 7 Pro requires a 64-bit processor and 64-bit host operating system
VMware Essentials Plus
VMware vSphere Essentials Plus Kit provides an all-in-one solution for small businesses to virtualize their physical servers and reduce hardware costs while ensuring superior high application availability and data protection.
VMware vSphere Essentials Plus Kit for academic use includes all the benefits of Essentials and:
- · VMware vSphere Storage Appliance for Essentials Plus
- ·VMware Data Protection
- ·VMware High Availability (HA)
- ·VMware vMotion
- ·VMware vStorage APIs
- ·VMware vShield Zones
- ·VMware vShield Endpoint
- ·VMware Replication
- Pass the savings to your friends, peers, and classmates.
- Students, parents, faculty and staff at qualifying academic institutions are eligible. Upgrade requires previous product registration. Terms and Conditions for eligibility information.
- Teachers and Professors, if you will be using these products in the classroom, be sure to check out the VMware Academic Program.