- Storage-efficient backups
- One-step VM recovery
- End-user file-level recovery
- Network-efficient, encrypted replication of backup data
- Application consistent, granular backup and recovery for Microsoft Exchange, SQL and SharePoint
- Seamless integration with Data Domain and support for DD Boost
- Automated, non-disruptive backup verification
- End-to-end vSphere Web Client integration
vSphere Data Protection Advanced is licensed per CPU. Simply license whichever CPU of the vSphere host you want to protect VMs on. Every VM on that CPU will be covered under the license.
You can deploy up to 10 virtual appliances per vCenter Server and all of these are covered under the same VDP Advanced license for that protected CPU.