- Licensed to run in a commercial environment
- Best way to deliver a managed desktop on Windows or Linux PCs
- Unmatched OS support for ultimate compatibility
- Run restricted virtual machines created by Workstation Pro or Fusion Pro
- Continue to run Windows XP or Windows 7 in a virtual environment on modern hardware
VMware Workstation Player runs on standard x86-PCs with 64-bit Intel and AMD processors.
VMware recommends the following:
- 64-bit x86 Intel Core™ Solo Processor or equivalent, AMD Athlon™ 64 FX Dual Core Processor or equivalent
- 1.3GHz speed or faster
- 2GB RAM minimum/ 4GB RAM and above recommended
Workstation Player installation:
700 MB of available disk space for the application. Additional hard disk space required for each virtual machine. Please refer to vendors recommended disk space for specific guest operating systems.
For Windows DirectX 10 support in a virtual machine
- 3GB RAM (Host PC)
- Intel Dual Core, 2.2GHz and above or AMD Athlon 4200+ and above
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT and above or ATI Radeon HD 2600 and above
Note: Workstation 14 Player requires a 64-bit processor and 64-bit host operating system
VMware Workstation Player runs on most 64-bit Windows or Linux host operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1
- CentOS 7.1
- Oracle Linux 7
- openSUSE 13.2
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
Please visit the VMware compatibility guide for the most up to date operating system support.
* VMware Workstation 14 Player requires a 64-bit Processor and 64-bit Host Operating System
* Intel "Nahalem" and earlier based CPU's are not supported in this release.